[aur-general] GAIM-related packages in AUR

Ivy Foster ivy.foster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:48:24 EDT 2008

So thanks to a typo while looking for a package using yaourt,
yesterday I discovered that although GAIM itself is no longer
available from Arch proper or from AUR, there are still several
packages in the AUR related to GAIM, many of which are orphaned and
few if any of which have been updated in over a year. I'd like to
suggest that unless any folks still maintaining these packages object,
that they be removed, what with GAIM being superseded by
pidgin/finch/libpurple.

Hopefully this won't cause too much controversy :-).

Thanks!