[aur-general] Flashplugin DRM free?

Rickard Eriksson rickard.eriksson at gigabit.nu
Thu Apr 10 03:29:07 EDT 2008

I took the liberty of quickly reading through the EULA of Adobe Flash
Player. This is fairly straight forward:

[Quote]
2.5  No Modification.

2.5.1  You may not modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works
based upon the Software. You may not reverse engineer, decompile,
disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the
Software except to the extent you may be expressly permitted to
decompile under applicable law, it is essential to do so in order to
achieve operability of the Software with another software program, and
you have first requested Adobe to provide the information necessary to
achieve such operability and Adobe has not made such information
available. Adobe has the right to impose reasonable conditions and to
request a reasonable fee before providing such information. Any such
information supplied by Adobe and any information obtained by you by
such permitted decompilation may only be used by you for the purpose
described herein and may not be disclosed to any third party or used to
create any software which is substantially similar to the expression of
the Software. Requests for information should be directed to the Adobe
Customer Support Department.
[End Quote]

You can find the source of this at
http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/players/flash/
Under section 2.5 No Modification.

In short this means you cannot redistribute your modified versions of
this software in a legal way unless you have their approval.