[aur-general] x86_64 compilation box for devs and TUs

Geoffroy Carrier geoffroy.carrier at koon.fr
Sun Aug 10 20:27:34 EDT 2008

Hey!

I have a new computer.

I already gave access to a "prod" server to some TUs to compile for
x86_64 systems. I will migrate their Unix accounts. I use this E-mail
to notify them: port knocking isn't necessary anymore.
Other devs and TUs can get an account by jabber/emailing me.

I thank slubman very much for the CPU, motherboard, case, wifi card,
etc. (people may know him from the archlinux.fr planet). He rocks
(well, I need to say it as he will read this E-mail).
root access via sudo will be provided in a first time, I might write
some scripts to provide virtual machines to everyone later.
Please makepkg -s and pacman -Rsc once done ;)
SSH access won't be permanent: network connection kinda "sucks"
(around 100kB/s upload), and I might use other OSes/move it from time
to time.

Here are the specs:
Kernel     : 2.6.25-ARCH
CPU & Cache: Processor 0: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @
2.40GHz 2400MHz, 4096 KB Cache
Processor 1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz 2400MHz,
4096 KB Cache
Processor 2: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz 2400MHz,
4096 KB Cache
Processor 3: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz 2400MHz,
4096 KB Cache
500GB (32MB cache) 7200rpm Seagate HD
4GB 800MHz 4-4-4-12 DDR2 RAM

No [testing] on it, as I had problems with catalyst... I'll work on that later.
Hostname will be announced in this thread later. Please contact me for
earlier tests.

--
Geoffroy Carrier