[aur-general] Could not create directory /home/aur/unsupported/nvidia-utils-beta

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:39:43 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 06:21:18PM +0200, Dan Vratil wrote:
> Can't update my package nvidia-utils-beta, could someone fix it?

I think this may be caused by a ownership/permissions conflict.

It might make sense to set the AUR directories permissions and ownership
recursively to the correct values if that's the case because there are
many reports of this bug. My hunch is that httpd is running as the http
user but the existing AUR directories are owned by nobody since that was how
the arch apache package configs changed. I can't really track it down
because I don't have shell access to the Arch server.

Can you admins look into it? Or I could look into it if you give me proper
shell access.

Cheers and thanks.