[aur-general] makepkg 3.2.1 testing

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 21:42:05 EDT 2008

Hello,

while pacman 3.2.0 release was quite good, makepkg one was a bit
worse. I think the main cause is the lack of testing. I personally
always use the devel versions of pacman and makepkg, but I use pacman
daily, while I only use makepkg very irregularly.

Anyway, the 3.2.1 release is close now, and all known makepkg bugs were fixed :
- fix download functions with weird URLs (FS#11076)
- fix creation of source package with local files (FS#11149)
- fix error when sourcing profile scripts (FS#11179)
- perform case-insensitive checksum comparison (FS#11283)

For FS#11292 (handling multiple source files which have the same
name), a new feature had to be introduced.
it is now possible to use the filename of your choice for remote
sources, like this :
source=('filename::http://path/to/file')
This allows to handle multiple source files with same name, and also
to handle more nicely weird URLs like
http://www.vim.org/scripts/download_script.php?src_id=6992.

So if some of the intensive makepkg users could just grab this pre
3.2.1 release and simply check everything is still fine with their
PKGBUILDs, or more specifically check that all the bugs mentioned here
are fixed, or that the new filename feature correctly, that would be
great.

Simply gunzip the attached file, and either run it directly from where
you extracted it, or put it somewhere in your path.