[aur-general] TU Meeting

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 08:24:24 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 08:23, Daenyth Blank <daenyth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> - It was proposed to add a safe flag on TUs packages in the AUR to encourage
>> TUs to leave packages out of community while still being marked in a way as
>> they are known to be good PKGBUILDs
>
> I missed this part... luckily. Safe flags were happily killed with a
> few months ago. If you mean to add them to [community] packages only,
> then it doesn't make sense to me: to make a TU you don't just need the
> User, you also need the Trust. Either you don't T the U from the
> beginning (and s/he doesn't get elected) or you T, and then you don't
> need to flag anything. If someone notices an anomaly in a TU's
> PKGBUILD quality, it should readily be reported to the list to take
> action.

 The idea was that some people were putting packages in community which
 didn't need to be there, for the reason that having it in community
 assures that it's safe. If it were brought back, it would be for the
 purpose of encouraging TUs to use unsupported for packages that don't
 belong in community, while still allowing users to see *at a glance*
 if the package was made by a TU or not.

 Maybe code can explain better...
 on_upload {
 [...do stuff...]
 flag_unsafe $package
 if $uploader.is_a_tu then flag_safe $package
 }