[aur-general] community back-end rewrite

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:38:45 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 14:46, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, perhaps we could just set a rule such that any removal at all is
>> copied to the unsupported dir, and then people could simply delete the
>> package from the front-end.
>>
> That makes a lot of good sense.

Seconded. Unless we want repos to be more hierarchical, were a removal
from core goes to extra, from extra to community, from community to
unsupported. Somewhat impractical, imho.
An alternative could be the implementation of a "move" abstraction.
Then moving packages from any repo to any other (unsupported included)
could be really simple and straightforward.

Corrado