[aur-general] Proposed rules for packages entering [community]

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:27:43 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 08:31:05PM -0600, kludge wrote:
> >> but i don't.  if it's explicitly installed, it's because i wanted the
> >> damn thing.
> >
> > That's good. I occaisionally download apps to try them and remove them
> > soon after. Those are packages I would not vote on.
> >
> > Don't tell me you haven't ever done that.
>
> fair enough.
>
> what about votes:downloads, accompanied by a big push to get people voting?

This proposal should be the signal that we are going to start taking
votes more seriously, but no packages will be removed for now.

> (btw, as a result of this debate, i'm finally voting for the packages i
> use.)

Good to hear!

Here's a little script to help figure out what's installed from a
particular repo. Use `repo-installed community` for [community], etc.
This'll help people figure out what to vote for.