[aur-general] Circle that A

w9ya w9ya at qrparci.net
Thu Dec 4 15:53:26 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Daenyth Blank
<daenyth+arch at gmail.com<daenyth%2Barch at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 13:01, w9ya <w9ya at qrparci.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >
> > When I voice an opinion I am told I am making "wild claims", yet your
> entire
> > proposal is based on a claim that things "will get out of hand". In 5
> years
> > they have not gotten out of hand. IN fact the evidence is that this
> proposal
> > is NOT needed at this time becuase there is NO resource issue at this
> time.
> <snip>
> > Regards;
> > Bob Finch
>
> Regarding your claim that things have never gotten out of hand: What
> part of the 29-hour downtime caused by the community repo do you not
> consider "out of hand"

Out of context. As the "wild claims" I was accused of making related to
resource issues. (I.e. Stuff like hardware and so forth) I have never made
that claim concerning background coding. Lou and I were speaking about the
abuse by the TUs of the repo.

Regards;

Bob Finch

P.S... Adopting your proposal will NOT eliminate that kind of outage either.
Just delay it. That is unless we all agree to limit the repo to a particular
size. That is NOT part of your proposal as it is currently manifest.