[aur-general] GPL compliance (was Re: Circle that A)

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:26:53 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 18:21, Callan Barrett <wizzomafizzo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s at gmail.com> wrote:
>> core,extra,community sources weights ~12G.
>>
>> Dropping games from community saves ~1G and substracts ~0.5G from sources.
>>
>> Also we may change archiving method to [pkg|src].[tar.bz2|7z] ))
>>

> Are games specifically quite low in pkgstats? We wouldn't want to lose
> any popular packages.
>
> --
> Callan Barrett
I don't think it's related to that so much as the fact that they
require a rather large amount of room, and we have the Arch Games repo
to move them to for people who want the binaries. As I've said before,
any TUs who wish to move games from community are more than welcome to
continue maintaining them in arch-games. I'd wait for the moment
though, as hopefully we will have nondestructive package movement out
of community. (regarding votes and comments, etc)