[aur-general] Official discussion period - Rules governing packages entering [community]

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:09:12 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 09:56, bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> . Don't put any hard limits at all, just encourage contructive
> discussion and communication between TUs themselves, the community and
> devs. I personally trust all of you TUs and I think that, by better
> defining what our goals are and how we want our repo to be, we can
> solve this problem without much hassle.
>
> Corrado Primier

First, thank you for the well thought-out non-flame post. There hasn't
been enough of that lately.

 I think that regardless of how the vote goes, that we should work on
improving this. Obviously, I can't see inside peoples personal emails,
but I see next to no communication between TUs except for the crowd
that hangs out on IRC. I don't really have anything constructive to
add regarding how we should improve it, but I think it's important to
do so.

Now, regarding the proposal. I think that we should edit it so that
the current proposal is for a three month probationary period during
which the proposed changes will be used as rules, and at the end of
which time we can vote again on whether to make the change permanant.
I don't know if I make that clear, but if anyone has a question,
please ask. I think this would address some of the concerns of such
changes being difficult to undo at a later date, as it should give us
an easy out if the changes prove to be ineffectual or overly onerous.

--Daenyth