[aur-general] GPL compliance (was Re: Circle that A)

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:13:53 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 4:39 AM, bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Callan Barrett <wizzomafizzo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But if the packages are popular surely they should be in community,
>> that's the point of this entire vote. I haven't seen it as putting a
>> limit on actual package size.
>
> Right. The games problem will be greatly mitigated when generic
> architecture packages will be fully supported.

Which is a whole 'nother ballgame, as the community backend scripts in
no way relate to the official repo backend scripts. I am adding 'any'
architecture support into the official scripts. Hopefully the
community backend rewrite that some people have planned will make use
of the official DB scripts, and kill 2 birds with one stone here