[aur-general] bfinch - Was: [arch-dev-public] pkgstats and repo cleanup

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Thu Dec 18 20:25:05 EST 2008

Hi,

Allan McRae wrote:
> Daenyth Blank wrote:
>> Bob (Finch) asked for his community packages to be removed. I wrote a
>> little script to help with it. It's not documented and has some rough
>> edges, but it should give you a nice base to hack on. Enjoy :)
>>

> Two things here...
>
> Did Bob quit as a TU or just pulled all his packages from the repo?
>
> And, I do not see many of his old packages in the AUR.   e.g. fldigi,
> fdlog.  Is that accidental?

What does removing from community mean (in this case), anyway? Just
moving from community to unsupported or REALLY removing altogether? If
the latter is the case, should that be done? Is a maintainer (now I'm
talking mainly about TUs) really actually an owner in the sense that
he/she can decide to just delete PKDBUILDs of his/her packages? (I'm
sorry if I'm misreading it all but such a possibility scares me a bit.)

Ondřej

--
Cheers,
Ondřej Kučera