[aur-general] bfinch - Was: [arch-dev-public] pkgstats and repo cleanup

w9ya w9ya at qrparci.net
Fri Dec 19 00:02:11 EST 2008

Aaron... you said you wanted people to host their own binary repos for
little used packages in the very first emails about this subject several
weeks ago. You have nothing since then to refute this.

I am merely agreeing and was preparing to do exactly that. Daenyth helped me
to do this after a TU irc channel discussion about your wishes in this area.
People remembered them and everyone agreed that it was my decision to remove
something as EVERY TU currently has that right and we have never voted
otherwise.

Also logically having PKGBUILDs in two places or even binaries in two places
makes no sense for either Arch or myself because of support any "syncing"
issues with pacman and in consideration of other long standing issues with
plagarism.

I am concerned that neither you nor Allan could have waited for a simple
explanation.

Bob F.

P.S... I already resigned.