[aur-general] the future of empathy, libtelepathy..

stefan-husmann at t-online.de stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Wed Dec 31 09:21:46 EST 2008

Hello,

there has been a thread on aur-general in October 2008 about this issue,
but the situation is not satisfying IMHO: We have a package of empathe
in AUR _and_ in [testing].Both are or were orphaned, and the package in
AUR was taken by a user and upgraded to version 2.25. I was chatting
with him, and we reverted the change and uploaded a release 2.25 as
empathy-devel.

I think this should not happen again. What is the decision? Will empathe
go to [extra] soon?

If it is desired to keep the version in AUR, I suggest a developer
should take it and keep it until it reaches [extra]. Or it should be
removed.

Thoughts?

Regards Stefan