[aur-general] jailkit orphan request

Aaron Schaefer aaron at elasticdog.com
Wed Feb 6 17:08:27 EST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 3:44 PM, Timm Preetz <timm at preetz.us> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 19:18 +0100, Michal Soltys wrote:
> > Aaron Schaefer wrote:
> > >
> > > He was active as recently as three days ago...when did you send him an
> > > email?  I'd probably give him a little more time.
> > >

> > Hmm, on 30-01-08
> >
> > Anyway, package adopted and updated.
> >

> I think that is fine. If a new version was out for a long time and there
> was no update the owner probably doesn't use it anymore (at its latest
> version) and so I think this is a good solution.
>
> Maybe mail him again and tell him you got his package.

I sent him a mail right after posting a reply to the list, and he
responded in about an hour.  He said that he didn't receive an
out-of-date notification, and hadn't noticed it was out of date.  I
told him that if he wants it back, just email us and we'll re-orphan
it.  I just don't like orphaning packages unless we know that the
maintainer isn't already aware of what's going on or they have
disappeared altogether.

Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer