[aur-general] license issues with google-earth in [community]?

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:28:32 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 11:13 PM,  <w9ya at qrparci.net> wrote:

> > On Feb 18, 2008 6:37 PM,  <w9ya at qrparci.net> wrote:
> >

> >> AND this package was removed *altogether* but NOT by me, and certainly
> >> before I could have responded. <- That is perfectly fine with me.
> >> Under the circumstances I fully agree. I would *also* be happy to
> >> replace it in unsupported, as apparently it has been determined to NOT
> >> have it in any repo.
> > as I said, I untagged them, I did not remove them. They should still be
> > in your cvs checkout.
>

> Hey again;
>
> Well, yes it *is* still in the cvs, BUT it is *not* available from my AUR
> account so it appears to be removed from manipulation from that context.
> (And I would NOT have thought to look at the CVS, as manipulation from
> there to the AUR is not clear to me. (More on that below.)
>
> SO...that brings up two problems (for me);
>
> 1 - How does one get this "restored" to the AUR (unsupported) as opposed
> to merely re-tagging it into the community repo ? I ask this because I am
> NOT sure how things are either done *OR* laid out. (As far as I can
> determine, from this location, things are not stored the same. More
> importantly since I cannot get to this package from the AUR web interface
> it is not clear to me how a restore other than starting over is to take
> place.)
>
> 2 - Will a procedure you provide me restore the 250 some odd votes this
> package received ?
>
> -Please feel free to take this private, if there is any "sensitive"
> information you will be needing to impart to me.
>
> TIA for some answers and
>
> Very best regards;
>
> Bob Finch
>
> Liviu Librescu - În veci pomenirea lui.
> (May his memory be eternal.)

No sorry, AFAIK the votes are lost ones a package moves back from
[community] to unsupported (maybe this would be a good feature
addition for coming AUR releases, thinking of it).

Let me explain. I untagged it because the license was questionable.
Untagging it will keep the files on the server, so one can either
re-tag it (using 'cvs tag') , or still get the files before putting it
back in unsupported. That way not all hard work is lost.

What you should do after logging in onto the cvs server, is first
getting the PKGBUILD and other files required for you to upload it to
unsupported again. After you have all files on your local harddrive,
remove the package from cvs using from WITHIN THE PACKAGE DIRECTORY:

cvs rm -fl
cvs commit

After this you can upload it to unsupported as one would normally do.

For reference, see
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines,
especially the part on Deleting packages from [community].

If you have still any questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Best,
Ronald