[aur-general] license issues with google-earth in [community]?

w9ya at qrparci.net w9ya at qrparci.net
Mon Feb 18 19:54:43 EST 2008

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:28:32PM +0100, Ronald van Haren wrote:
>>
>> No sorry, AFAIK the votes are lost ones a package moves back from
>> [community] to unsupported (maybe this would be a good feature
>> addition for coming AUR releases, thinking of it).
>>
> That feature happens to be a very tough cookie by the way, since the AUR
> really doesn't know anything about moving packages from community to
> unsupported, while it knows a whole lot about moving packages in the
> other direction.
>
> If anyone wants to take a crack at this, join the aur-dev list and start
> sending some patches :)
>
> -S

Hey there ya all !!;

Um, this is probably NOT worth the effort to code, as it is not likely to
happen often. Or at least I cannot think of very many good reasons for it
to happen often. YMMV of course.

On the other hand, it might be very handy to be able to add votes for
situations where an AUR entry gets destroyed, or mutilated, etc. in the
normal course of things, or in the abnormal course of things.

****** ALso; I will take it that no one objects to restoring google-earth
to the AUR ?

Thanks again ya all

and VERY best regards;