[aur-general] TU Voting On The AUR

Callan Barrett wizzomafizzo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 02:52:58 EST 2008

See here if you're logged in as a TU: http://aur.archlinux.org/tu.php

Alright, I know I'm not a TU anymore but this is pretty important,
this is the new interface for voting for stuff as TUs which automates
the process somewhat and pretties it up a bit. You might have seen the
thread about two months ago about this and some screenshots which are
basically the same as it is now, I put this together because of how
disorganized the voting process currently is and how hard it is to
check up on who voted or not. With this system it would become harder
to miss votes (there's nothing like email notification but that's no
trouble to add) and incredibly simple to find who has voted recently
and who hasn't, your vote isn't actually recorded, only the fact that
you did vote which also makes it basically anonymous as opposed to the
public voting on the ML.

So the whole thing is there ready for use and now it's just a matter
of if you want to use it or not. Maybe you want to vote on it or just
switch or whatever you like. If you do decide to keep it and use it I
can add whatever is required to make the application more user
friendly like email notification and some sort of stats page (right
now there's no front-end to tell who voted or not which needs to be
added soon) and so on.  Although it's pretty trivial to remove the new
voting system I think this interface is only improving on what was a
fairly messy and flawed voting system previously.

Again, this is pretty important and I'd like input from as many people
as possible.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett