[aur-general] maintaining orphaned packages

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Thu Jan 3 18:30:15 EST 2008

Hi there-

I've been using Arch Linux for many years now, and I have done some
packaging for other distros.  I maintain a few slackbuild scripts for
Slackware at Slackbuilds.org, one small package in the Debian tree,
and currently maintain two ports in the FreeBSD ports tree.  I also
contribute documentation patches to FreeBSD.

I'm a huge supporter of Arch and have really enjoyed using it all this
time, so I thought I'd like to start contributing to its package
maintenance.  I have an x86_64 machine, so can probably help with
packages for both x86_64 and i686.

My question is about unsupported packages in AUR.  Can I go ahead and
adopt some or is there some approval process first?  I don't have any
specifically in mind at the moment, but from time to time I've come
across orphaned packages that I use and thought about adopting them.

Ok, 'nuff ramblin' from me.

Chess

--
Chess Griffin