[aur-general] State of community64

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:52:00 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 3:30 AM, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To help keeping the x86_64 repo in sync, I would recommend any TU without
> an x86_64 machine to ask Aaron for access on his x86_64 build machine. I'm
> not sure to what degree the packages can be tested on the build machine
> but several devs and TU are already using it. Nonetheless, if the build
> machine would be used, at the very least, for arch-independent packages
> (e.g. i18n, docs pkg), perl and python modules and non-critical packages
> (e.g. games, xfce-svn plugin, etc) that would reduce the workload for the
> x86_64 TUs.
>
> Before I contact Aaron I would first like to get some things straight.

As I understand we have two options for arch INdependent packages. Either
using Aaron's x86_64 build machine, or using the scripts ^^ from François.
For arch dependent packages however we only can rely on Aaron's build
machine. Now the big question is how reliable is the output for these
packages, so the overall quality of the packages doesn't drop. How many
people actually do use it, and do they find the output to be reliable ?

Ronald