[aur-general] State of community64

Fri Jan 4 13:50:33 EST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Chess Griffin wrote:

> Timm Preetz wrote:
>>> Yes, most definitely.
>>
>> Cool. So what are you waiting for, someone to sponsor you?
>>

> I'll work in the AUR for awhile and then seek out a sponsor.
>
> Thanks.

You can still help out with the community repo if you're not a TU.

You can check the community packages section of the bug tracker to see if
you can't suggest/provide some fixes or patches.  Some bugs might only
affect the x86_64 package wich make them hard to fix if the maintainer
don't have direct access to a x86_64 box.

You can also browse the package diff list for packages that have been out
of sync for x86_64 for a long time ( 1 month or more) or are not available
for x86_64.  Some of them might have just been forgotten or are i686 only
binaries but there are a few that don't build or work on x86_64. If you
can fix them, post the fixed PKGBUILD (and patch) on the bug tracker and
they'll be be updated/added by someone (perhaps myself).

This way you'll be able to help out with the community repo and it will
give you an occasion to show your packaging skills when you'll apply to
become a TU.

Eric

believed to be clean.