[aur-general] orphaned packages in community

Fri Jan 4 14:10:25 EST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Ronald van Haren wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I just took a look at the orphaned packages in community. I must say, they
> are quite a few (68, I added the full list at the end of this mail).
>
> If any of these belong to you and you did forget to adopt it after
> uploading, please do so now. If you did upload one of these and lost
> interest in it, please move it either to unsupported or post it in this
> thread so someone else can adopt it.
>
> In about a week time I will post the remaining list of orphaned packages at
> that time, so anyone interested (or needed as a dep) can adopt one of those.
> The rest I will move to unsupported a week or so after that. If you think
> the time schedule I mentioned is too short, please let me know so I can
> change it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ronald

A few comments:

-Before moving a package to unsupported, make sure it is not a depends or
makedepends of another community packages.  Several packages in your list
fall in this category.

-Keep gpsdrive in community. It's Damir's (a dev) package. He hasn't
adopted it yet.

-About the e17 stuff, a forum user (reverie, I think) used to have a
popular e17-cvs personal repo. I don't know if he's still maintaining it
but, if he's interested in becoming a TU and you want to sponsor and vote
him in, he could move his e17-cvs package in community to replace the
orphaned e17 snapshots.

Eric

believed to be clean.