[aur-general] orphaned packages in community

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Mon Jan 7 06:15:51 EST 2008

Ronald van Haren a écrit :

> Hi all!
>
> I just took a look at the orphaned packages in community. I must say,
> they are quite a few (68, I added the full list at the end of this mail).
>
> If any of these belong to you and you did forget to adopt it after
> uploading, please do so now.
> If you did upload one of these and lost interest in it, please move it
> either to unsupported or post it in this thread so someone else can
> adopt it.
>
> In about a week time I will post the remaining list of orphaned
> packages at that time, so anyone interested (or needed as a dep) can
> adopt one of those. The rest I will move to unsupported a week or so
> after that. If you think the time schedule I mentioned is too short,
> please let me know so I can change it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ronald
>

> The full list of 68 orphaned packages in community:
> <...>

I have just orphaned all of xterminus's packages: so the list is now
much longer ;)

I repeat the question I asked before: is there a way to move a bunch of
pkgs from community to unsupported other than the painstaking method
described in the wiki [*]?

I also repeat this request, since none of the following orphaned pkgs
have been adopted yet:
> perl-convert-asn1 is a dependency of perl-ldap (maintained by Sergej)
> perl-crypt-simple > checkgmail (dtw)
> perl-curses and perl-curses-ui > yfklog and yfktest (bfinch)
> perl-net-ipv6addr < gresolver (Sergej)
>
> So Sergej, dtw and bfinch, I suggest that you adopt the above pkgs

[*]
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines#Deleting_packages_from_.5Bcommunity.5D

Thanks,

François