[aur-general] TU Application - Allan McRae

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Wed Jan 9 07:32:36 EST 2008

Allan McRae a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm Allan McRae and go by the imaginative username "Allan" on the AUR,
> forums and bug tracker.  I maintain around 25 packages in the AUR
> (although around half of these are perl-modules) and have had a
> package moved to community (sunbird).  If you elect me to be a TU, I
> will initially move several of my packages (xmltv + dependencies,
> desemume, colordiff) to community as well as a couple of other popular
> packages I use often that are fairly popular (jabref, possibly
> notecase). I am currently unable to build x86_64 packages as my 64bit
> desktop has been dead for the last three months (from a power surge I
> think) and I have given up on fixing it but will probably buy a new
> one in the coming months.
>
> I have been using Linux since Red Hat 8.0 was released (late 2002?). I
> shuffled from Fedora to Ubuntu to Debian before building a Linux From
> Scratch system. I discovered Arch when I was looking at finding a
> package manager to use in LFS and installed it "temporarily" to build
> my new LFS system.  That was about a year and a half ago...  I now
> have Arch installed on two servers, a (broken) desktop and a laptop.
> As an Arch user, I am fairly active on the forums and like to go bug
> squashing occasionally.  I have also contributed a couple of patches
> to pacman.  I have written a script for maintaining R libraries but I
> think no-one but me actually uses it.
>
> A bit about me personally.  I am 27 years old, a New Zealander
> currently living in Brisbane, Australia.  I work as a statistical
> geneticist for a large medical research institute.  Apart from
> computers, my major hobbies include martial arts and watching anime.
>
> I have Roman lined up to sponsor me.
>
> Cheers,
> Allan

I think it would be great to have you on board Allan!

As I have never sponsored anybody, and since I know the stuff you
maintain on AUR, I am going to pass by Roman (sorry!) and hereby declare
my willingness to sponsor you :P

As I am sure this question will pop up soon, I do encourage you to
consider building your packages for x86_64 using Aaron's build machine.
We can give you details about that once you are a TU ;)

This opens the usual discussion period.

Cheers,
François