[aur-general] TU Application - Sebastian Nowicki

Sebastian Nowicki xilonmu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 09:10:50 EST 2008

Hi, my name is Sebastian Nowicki. You may know me as Xilon from IRC, the
bbs, AUR, or even the bug tracker. I am a 19 year old Computer Science
and Internet Computing student. I have been using Archlinux for just
over a year. I have been supporting other Archlinux users over the
past year on the IRC channel, where I am now an operator. For the past 4
months I have also been coding AUR2, which some of you may know.

I maintain 13 package in unsupported, and have had one package
(powertop) taken to community. I also maintained gtkdc and dclibc, but
due to the projects dieing upstream, I recently orphaned them. Having an
AMD64 processor I will be able to compile both i686 and x86_64 packages.
I have already setup the necessary chroots in order to do so.

As a TU I would initially move the following packages to
community:

  * btg
  * dbhub
  * dina-font
  * grc
  * screenwm
  * subtle

These packages aren't very active upstream in terms of development, so I
will probably be able to take on more packages from unsupported, or even
from sergej ;).

Callan mentioned that he would sponser me.