[aur-general] TU Application - Sebastian Nowicki

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 09:36:18 EST 2008

2008/1/16, Sebastian Nowicki <xilonmu at gmail.com>:
> Hi, my name is Sebastian Nowicki. You may know me as Xilon from IRC, the
> bbs, AUR, or even the bug tracker. I am a 19 year old Computer Science
> and Internet Computing student. I have been using Archlinux for just
> over a year. I have been supporting other Archlinux users over the
> past year on the IRC channel, where I am now an operator. For the past 4
> months I have also been coding AUR2, which some of you may know.

Ah, that's why your nick is so familiar to me. :-)
Good work on AUR2!

> I maintain 13 package in unsupported, and have had one package
> (powertop) taken to community. I also maintained gtkdc and dclibc, but
> due to the projects dieing upstream, I recently orphaned them. Having an
> AMD64 processor I will be able to compile both i686 and x86_64 packages.
> I have already setup the necessary chroots in order to do so.
>
> As a TU I would initially move the following packages to
> community:
>
>   * btg
>   * dbhub
>   * dina-font
I use Dina from proggyfonts.com on WinXP (yeah, I do some
cross-platform programming as a hobby).
Didn't know it exists also for X. :-)
(BTW, why is it installed in /usr/share/fonts/local?)

>   * grc
>   * screenwm
>   * subtle
>
> These packages aren't very active upstream in terms of development, so I
> will probably be able to take on more packages from unsupported, or even
> from sergej ;).
>
> Callan mentioned that he would sponser me.

I've reviewed some of your packages and they are fine for me.
(the only notice is that x86_64 should be added because it seems none
of them are i686-only, and license is an array so it should be
license=('GPL'))

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)