[aur-general] REMOVAL: Discussion Period for sergej

Vesa Kaihlavirta vpkaihla at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 07:41:30 EST 2008

On 1/17/08, Sebastian Nowicki <xilonmu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 02:10:01PM +0300, Sergej Pupykin wrote:
> >    I really do not understand why you discuss count of my packages and
> why I
> >    should move some of them to unsupported.
> >
> >    Not only I have community packages with low votes.
>
> I'd just like to point out that Sergej maintains around 1/3 of
> community. There are 25 other TUs according to the AUR, and for one TU
> to maintain a third of community is just, well, surprising I suppose.

I'm having mixed feelings about the whole thing. After all, if a single
employee in a company would produce as much 8 others, he'd get a raise and a
nice car, not be threatened to get fired.
But then again, we don't pay our TUs, and there's no legal binding on
anyone. And people can easily leave without any financial or juridical risk.
Only thing that can be harmed is fame, and since we're kind of a
lower-middle class (as it was revealed in that other interesting recent
thread), the quantity of loss in that case might not be very large...

--vk