[aur-general] Should TU put in [community] packages they use?

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 07:23:28 EST 2008

2008/1/19, Darwin Bautista <djclue917 at gmail.com>:
> But the AUR Trusted User Guidelines says otherwise. Ideally,
> "... He/she maintains popular packages, ..."

I didn't notice this passage, good to know.

> "A TU may adopt any package at any time. But because the TU's time is
> limited, he should try to only adopt popular packages. The voting
> mechanism in the AUR allows a TU to quickly gauge which packages users
> want."

This paragraph focuses on the free time of a TU, but I would maintain
those packages anyway, so the time I need to maintain them doesn't
account in my free time.
Anyway, the point about a TU resigning and leaving his "unpopular"
packages behind is strong too.
As you see I am really undecided =)

C.