[aur-general] TU Resignation

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:29:55 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 11:25 AM, Callan Barrett <wizzomafizzo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I was thinking about this for a while and finally decided to write the
> email. I've been doing this thing for about 12 months now and to be
> honest it's gotten really boring lately being a TU, I now think
> packaging is the most tedious and annoying process ever and I don't
> think I can be bothered doing this anymore. Anyway, I maintain 75
> packages in community, most of which being the xfce-svn ones, but
> they're all pretty easy to maintain.
>
> I don't know exactly what should happen to the xfce-svn packages,
> although it would be great if another TU maintains them it is a lot of
> packages and it might be best they go into unsupported for now, if
> anyone is interested there is a script I have to automate the whole
> process of updating it. The rest of the packages are pretty minor,
> maybe even don't need to be in community, and it wouldn't be hard to
> just pick a few out.
>
> So there we go, I'll probably stay involved with Arch but definitely
> not the packaging side of it. Good luck to the rest of the TUs.

Oh my god. Wizzo, no!!!

I have to say this is stunning to me. For a while there you seemed
like you were the one with the drive to actually get things done, and
make things better. But apparently you have other things to do. It
happens to the best of us.

RIP Wizzo. He was an hero, and doesn't afraid of anything.