[aur-general] TU application

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 06:00:30 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Angel Velásquez wrote:
>>
>> Im glad to sponsor him as i said. Let's start the discussion period.
>
> I did a quick review of the packages Anders has in the AUR.  Overall they
> are quite good.   There are a few things that could be improved (dsss: MIT
> is a custom license so install it,  libtango: should using install instead
> of cp) but these are done correctly elsewhere so it is just a consistency
> issue.
>
> I think it would be good to have a TU interested in the D language so that
> we can support the needed tools for this in the community repo.
>
> Allan

I had a quick look too, overall the quality seemed to be fairly good
from the few packages I checked. I thrust you guys on the rest ;)

Anyway, what I was wondering (I don't feel like reading the guidelines
now), is the use of install instead of cp (some people even use mv)
documented somewhere as it seems to be a quite familiar 'mistake'
people make?

Ronald