[aur-general] sancho-gtk removal from [community]: discussion thread

Cilyan Olowen gaknar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:31:08 EDT 2008

Hello !

I think you should delete the package/PKGBUILD. Seeing what you wrote, he
doesn't want his software to be redistributed and doing so is thus an
enforcement. Moreover it is against one of the fundamental 4 liberties of
free software.
You could maybe provide a PKGBUILD which would more or less be an
installation script and that will just assume the program tarballs are in
the current directory but not download them. This sort of PKGBUILD are
probably better in the forum inside the "Package requests" section than in
the AUR because it is not useable as-is (it is my humble opinion!).

Then, what's going on sourceforge's website is their business and the
ArchLinux community should not be engaged in it. However, if _you_ feel
concerned (I do too), you can warn sourceforge, but on your own.

That was my opinion !! :)

Have a nice evening.

Cilyan