[aur-general] prepare on KDE 4.1 move to [extra]
pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Jul 27 13:58:00 EDT 2008
KDE 4.1 will be moved to [extra] tonight or tomorrow. If you maintain packages
in [community] which depend on KDE3 you might want to read this:
* Look for a new upstream release which can be used with KDE 4.
* If there is no new version change deps to kdelibs3 and try recompiling.
* try sourcing qt3.sh and kde3.sh from /etc/profile.d/
* If configure fails try adding --without-arts.
* Don't trust namcap saying there would be no dependency to kdelibs3. :-)
* If the build still fails with some undefind references, try biulding in a
clean environment without kdelibs-4
* If nothing helps your package might depend on stuff from kdebase or other
KDE packages. You might think about removing it from [community] then.
Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre at jabber.archlinux.de
More information about the aur-general