[aur-general] TU Application.

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Jul 28 10:10:45 EDT 2008

Anders Bergh wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey all!
>>
>> I'm applying for a TU position, hopefully you'll consider me. My
>> sponsor is Anders Bergh (anders).
>>

> As he said, I will be sponsoring Daenyth. I hope this is okay even
> though I'm only a "baby TU", but I've seen Daenyth around on IRC and
> he's an okay guy. We went through his packages on IRC and they look
> okay, only a couple of minor mistakes that he fixed quickly.
>
> Let's start the discussion period.
>
> Anders

New TUs are full memebers of the team so are allowed to sponsor.

I like the pkgfile script from Daenyth's pkgtools.  In fact, I would
like to included a version of it in the pacman code base once generating
filelists gets built into the repo-add script.  And I am confident that
anyone who can write a good bash script can write a good PKGBUILD so he
has my support.

BTW Daenyth, the link in your pkgtools PKGBUILD is to a post lower in
the thread.

Allan