[aur-general] TU Application

Rick Rein jeebusroxors at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 14:10:42 EDT 2008

Hello list,

I'm writing to apply for TU status, as I'm sure you can tell by the subject. My
name is Rick, and I'm a recent addition to the Orlando, FL area. I was
a Sergeant with the US Marines where I was a 5974, a Tactical Data
Systems Administrator. I am now a Unix SysAd with a local company here in Florida.

I had some minor experience with Red Hat in the late, late 90s running a Half
Life Dedicated Server, but that box caught on fire, thus ending my pre-millenium
linux experience.  I picked up Archlinux sometime in 2004 2005 (Wombat) and have
not been able to find a distro that fits me better since.

I now have Arch installed on about 5 machines: a desktop(x86_64 and i686), laptop(i686), 2
myth boxes and an asterisk server. I have an affinity for light and fast
and clean applications, but who doesn't? My prior contributions are mainly centered on
IRC, however I have written a wiki article or two and have begun to go through them
when I'm bored looking for edits/missing items. I currently have about 9 packages
in the AUR, a mixture of adopted and created packages.

I would like to become a TU so that I may give back to the community
that I have been around for so long. It would also be an honor to say I
was a part of such a top notch, and growing distro.

I realize this message is a bit short winded so if you have any
questions, or I left something out ,please feel free to ask.

Thank you all for your consideration and have a lovely weekend,

Rick <jeebusroxors>
--
http://isawsome.net
GPG key at http://isawsome.net/blog/static/gpg