[aur-general] TU Application

Rick jeebusroxors at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 00:04:21 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 05:03:23PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Rick Rein wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I'm writing to apply for TU status, as I'm sure you can tell by the
>> subject.
> <snip>
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> Do you have a sponsor lined up?  I'm not on IRC very much so perhaps one
> of the other TU's who is and recognizes you will do it.
>
> Anyway, what are you planing on doing as a TU?  I noticed you have only
> have a small number of packages in the AUR, so are you thinking of
> adopting other for the community repo?  Or do you plan on contributing
> in other ways?
>
> Cheers,
> Allan

Allan and all,

As stated I have only a few packages. I thought about adopting some
more before putting in my application, however after thinking about it
I realized that having a small amount of packages fits my motives well.
As a TU my main goal for now is to help lessen the load of the
existing TUs. I'm also a x86_64 user and would like to make
contributions in that area. And last but not least, as I stated before I
would like the opportunity to do my part for a distro I've been using
for so long.

In regards to a sponsor, I have spoken with a few people on IRC and
I've spoken with a few before I applied. Is anyone willing to put
themselves on the line? :D

Rick

--
http://isawsome.net