[aur-general] Orphaning my packages

Alessio Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 22:38:33 EDT 2008

On Thu 2008-06-19 20:14, Neil Darlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have orphaned my unsupported packages as I will no longer be using Arch.
>
> I don't agree with Arch's reluctance to fix bugs which they consider
> upstream. I recently installed Mandriva on one of my systems and was
> amazed to see all the features that are broken in Arch's GNOME, due to
> them being upstream bugs, fully working in that distribution.
>
> As my principle reason for using GNU/Linux is to get work done and
> Arch's philosophy seems, to me, to be working against this I feel it is
> time to depart from Arch.
> [...]

Why don't use stop using GNOME instead and complain on their mailing
list? Don't get me wrong, this is not intended to be an aggressive email
at all, but if the bug is upstream... well, it's upstream fault.

--
Alessio (molok) Bolognino

Please send personal email to themolok at gmail.com

Public Key http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFE0270FB
GPG Key ID = 1024D / FE0270FB 2007-04-11
Key Fingerprint = 9AF8 9011 F271 450D 59CF  2D7D 96C9 8F2A FE02 70FB