[aur-general] python rebuilds needed

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 25 11:22:20 EDT 2008

Hi TUs,

I have uploaded an updated python package to testing.  This removes the
searching of the /usr/lib/python2.4 directory for modules (as python2.5
modules should be installed in the 2.5 directory).  This will break a
few packages whose files are still on the old python2.4 directory and
anything that depends on them.  Here is the packages I have found that
need rebuilt:

    bhv-0.0.10-1 (sergej)
    diacanvas-0.14.4-1 (BaSh)
    everygui-0.99.b-1 (Romashka)
    pychecker-0.8.17-2 (sergej)
    pyrtf-0.45-1 (sergej)
    pysdl_mixer-0.0.3-2 (sergej)
    python-chardet-1.0-1 (sergej)
    python-galago-0.5.0-1 (sergej)
    python-galago-gtk-0.5.0-1 (sergej)
    python-mpdclient2-0.11.1-2 (codemac)
    webboard-0.2-3 (sergej)

These just need rebuilt with python (v2.5) so their files are installed
in /usr/lib/python2.5.  In general, it should not be necessary to use
the python version in [testing] as the current version in [extra] will
package most files in the right place.  I think packages built using
scons may require the [testing] version. Just check that there are no
files in /usr/lib/python2.4 once you have finished rebuilding the packages.

Cheers,
Allan