[aur-general] ufoai: separate packages or one big?

Bjørn Lindeijer bjorn at lindeijer.nl
Fri Mar 14 11:57:47 EDT 2008

On 3/12/08, Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, originally it was done like in flightgear etc. but I've got some
>  comments to do it this way. So I'm totally confused.
>  I'll wait some time and if nobody point out some good reason not to do
>  it, I'll change it.

Well, the only good reason I can think about to have the data depend
on the binary would be if the binary is like an "engine" that can run
different games that can be installed seperately. In that case it
would be silly for the engine to depend on all the games. However, I
guess that's not the case here, and the binary probably won't even run
without the data? So then it should depend on it, and not the other
way around.

Just 2 cents, really.

Bjørn