[aur-general] perl 5.10.0 coming soon

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Wed Mar 19 10:48:31 EDT 2008

Since we are rebuilding our perl pkgs anyway, I thought we might as well
standardize the names of those few which are still not standard. (The
naming convention is this: if a CPAN distribution is obtained from the
tarball Foo-Bar-0.1.2.tar.gz then our package should be named
perl-foo-bar.)

Sergej, could you please rename those two packages you have inherited
from xterminus?

perl-io-gzip -> perlio-gzip
(no pkgs in community depend on it AFAICS)

perl-libxml and perl-libxml-common -> perl-xml-libxml and
perl-xml-libxml-common
(perl-xml-atom and perl-xml-libxslt depend on perl-libxml, so be sure to
change the depends array for the former, and I'll take care of the
latter. You should also inform the maintainers of the packages xmltv and
shownews, which also depend on perl-libxml).

Best,