[aur-general] Keeping community64 up to date

JJDaNiMoTh jjdanimoth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:54:23 EDT 2008

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 21:37:20 +1000
Allan McRae <allan.mcrae at qimr.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have come to realize that the current way of keeping community64 in
> sync could use some improving.  I realized this when looking at the
> pkg_diff web page [1] thinking I would build some packages.  After being
> distracted by the internet for a few minutes... I reloaded the page and
> noticed that some of the packages had been uploaded. Now had I actually
> built those packages, it would have been a waste of time.  Also, I'm
> never sure how much time to wait and see whether the TU who uploaded the
> i686 package is going to upload the x86_64 package.

Uhm... maybe the man that has uploaded these packages was I :)

Simply, at this point, with Aaron's building machine and some of us
which have 32/64 bit hardware, I don't understand why there are ~ 150
different packages from 32 to 64 bit community.

And, of course, there are some packages that have a shit of PKGBUILD
(sorry for the word, but it's true in this case) and are impossible to
compile on chroot. Sometimes I fix it, other times I want that
maintainer do it himself.

sergej: Most of these packages are yours. Remember the discussion that
we had some months ago? You wrote that you're capable to maintain a
large number of packages: and I know your skill, and I'm sure that you
can do this: but please, try to sync 32 and 64 community.

pressh: Your e17 packages are effectively hard to maintain ( for
circular dep, and others that you explain here ). Do you have a 64
hardware or you need an hand? In this case, tell us ( a solution could
be found ).

Last thing: we some packages maintained by devs in community or
community64 out-of-date, and recompile it seems do not work because the
older release. What we need to do?

Last last: What about dtw? We have a lot of his packages in community
out-of-dated [1], in this page [2] seems he isn't a TU, but has 3 bug
opened [3]. IMHO, the best is moving all his packages back to
unsupported and close bug assigned to him.

[1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?K=dtw&SeB=m
[2] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users
[3]
http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?string=&project=5&search_name=&type[]=&sev[]=&pri[]=&due[]=&reported[]=&cat[]=&status[]=open&percent[]=&opened=&dev=dtw&closed=&duedatefrom=&duedateto=&changedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=&do=index

--
JJDaNiMoTh - ArchLinux Trusted User