[aur-general] orphans in community

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 18:24:09 EDT 2008

Firmicus wrote:
> Reminder: these are our current orphans in community:
>
> awn-extras-applets
> helixplayer
> kchmviewer
> kde-adblock-improvement
> knetstats
> man-pages-pt_br
> openssh-chroot
> psqlodbc
> python-geotypes
>
> Should they be moved to unsupported?

Some of these have been newly added to community.  Well, at least
awn-extras-applets has and possibly man-pages-pt_br....  Remember to
adopt your packages.

> Also, I notice that we have 877 orphans in unsupported (many
> out-of-date)!
>
> Should we remove them eventually? Especially those with very few or no
> votes?

I was thinking of having an AUR cleanup day.  I tend notice a lot of
packages that have been renames or obsoleted by another package and left
in the AUR.  Not necessarily orphans either.  If we do have an AUR
cleanup day, we should open a thread on the forums where users can
suggest which package to remove.

If people like the idea, then I will organize it for a coming weekend.

Allan