[aur-general] AUR Cleanup Day organization

Geoffroy Carrier geoffroy.carrier at koon.fr
Sat May 3 04:38:44 EDT 2008

On 5/2/08, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  This situation is behind my reasoning to create a list of potential
> removals first.  I think we need to be careful of removing too many
> packages, especially in our first cleanup attempt.  Just the really unneeded
> ones as a first step.  I had even considered that once the list was made,
> then I would archive all the relevant PKGBUILDs before deleting them. But it
> would be better to just not delete useful packages in the first place...

I second your proposition.
In case we want to work on IRC for the CU day as proposed earlier
(which I think is a good idea), I wrote a IRC bot. Just say ":d
pkgname" (I use vim...) and it will download it for backup, then make
a report. I'll make an archive of the result packages at the end.
Running for now on #archlinux-cleanup at freenode,
http://koon.fr/~gcarrier/cleanup/

--
Geoffroy Carrier