[aur-general] Inclusion of ChangeLog Files

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue May 6 11:25:40 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Dennis Craven <dcraven at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, it seems nobody is dead against them. I just didn't want to
>  break some policy that I wasn't aware of. I've uploaded my latest
>  package including the ChangeLog. We'll see if anyone objects :).

I don't see any reasons to object. Actually, several users would like
to see more changelogs. But then some packagers feel like it's a bit a
waste of time, that the info is already available (cvs/svn logs for
packages in repos, AUR comments for unsupported).
But any packagers who find them useful should definitely include them
in their packages.

Have a look at /usr/share/pacman/ChangeLog.proto (from pacman package)
But just for clarification, you want to log the changes in your
package, right, not upstream changes. Because arch packages changelogs
are for arch package changes.