[aur-general] python-pyfits in AUR/unsupported

Alessio Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:58:16 EDT 2008

On Tue 2008-05-06 12:49 , Mike Ressler wrote:
> The python-pyfits package is listed as an orphan and has been flagged
> as out of date. Bringing it up to date is relatively trivial - anyone
> mind if I have a go at it? It is useful to me and I don't want to see
> it die.
>
> By way if introduction since this is my first post, I've been using
> Linux for 16 years (yes, since 1992), and Arch for about 6 months.
> Though it took me a long time to find it, Arch just suits me. This
> will be my first try at contributing something to Arch; since I didn't
> see any specific protocols for updating someone else's (or orphan)
> packages in the AUR User Guide, I thought I'd check here first.

Being in unsupported and orphan, you don't have to ask permission to
anyone to adopt it: just create an account, adopt the package and update
it.

--
Alessio (molok) Bolognino

Please send personal email to themolok at gmail.com

Public Key http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFE0270FB
GPG Key ID = 1024D / FE0270FB 2007-04-11
Key Fingerprint = 9AF8 9011 F271 450D 59CF  2D7D 96C9 8F2A FE02 70FB