[aur-general] Inclusion of ChangeLog Files

Alessio Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Tue May 6 21:47:23 EDT 2008

On Wed 2008-05-07 02:50 , Geoffroy Carrier wrote:
> On 5/6/08, Dennis Craven <dcraven at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay, it seems nobody is dead against them. I just didn't want to
> >  break some policy that I wasn't aware of. I've uploaded my latest
> >  package including the ChangeLog. We'll see if anyone objects :).
> Typically not exactly related, but I always use mercurial and vim.
> Is there some way with any of these apps, or an external tool, to
> easily add an entry in a Changelog?
> Google may be my friend...

In Vim (if you set ft=changelog) you can add an entry with <Leader>o
Usually <Leader> is "\".
As you can see in /usr/share/vim/ftplugin/changelog.vim , it
reads the EMAIL environment variable, so you should set it to something
like EMAIL="Your Name <mail at address.org>" (e.g. in ~/.bashrc).

HTH,

--
Alessio (molok) Bolognino

Please send personal email to themolok at gmail.com

Public Key http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFE0270FB
GPG Key ID = 1024D / FE0270FB 2007-04-11
Key Fingerprint = 9AF8 9011 F271 450D 59CF  2D7D 96C9 8F2A FE02 70FB