[aur-general] list for reserverd UIDs for special system users

Michael Krauss hippodriver at gmx.net
Sun May 18 09:22:27 EDT 2008

Hello again,

I must apologize for asking so many questions but I don't want dma to
get in the way with an other daemon or service.

Today I want to know if a list of reserved UIDs (and GIDs) for Arch
Linux is available. I figured out that commonly the first 100 UIDs are
used for system users like mail, ftp, hal and so on. So I want to use
one of these numbers for dma but don't won't to interfere with an other
system user in Arch Linux.
Is there something similar to reserved port numbers in TCP?

Kind Regards,
Michael Krauss