[aur-general] problems with x86_64 build machine?

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Mon May 19 03:43:50 EDT 2008

Aaron Griffin a écrit :
> Yeah good call, machine is off. Dead. Finito. I will have to buy new
> hardware or something soon. For now, it's best if people rely on
> Andy's pkg_diff and help rebuild other people's packages

Sorry for your machine, Aaron! (My old Thinkpad T20 also died a few days
ago after 8 years of dedicated service on several continents). And
thanks for providing the service in the first place.

A related question: my main system is i686 but I have Arch64 installed
on a separate partition (pending definitive migration for which I don't
have time currently). I know it is possible to build packages for i686
with chroot from the x86_64 system
(http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch64_FAQ#Can_I_build_32-bit_packages_for_i686_inside_Arch64.3F).

But is the converse possible? Can I build x86_64 pkgs from inside Arch32
by chrooting to my arch64 partition?