[aur-general] problems with x86_64 build machine?

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Fri May 23 10:12:23 EDT 2008

Aaron Griffin a écrit :
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Mateusz Herych <heniekk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> But is the converse possible? Can I build x86_64 pkgs from inside Arch32
>>> by chrooting to my arch64 partition?
>>>
>>  It's not possible. You can't chroot to a x86_64 system, from a 32bit
>> system.

NB: I have a 64bit environment running Arch32, with a core Arch64
installed in another partition mounted as /mnt/arch64

> Um, sure you can, if your hardware runs 64bit. I *think* there are
> some issues with kernel modules, but if you use 'linux64' in addition
> to chroot, all your bases should be covered

I tried this:
mount --bind /dev /mnt/arch64/dev
mount --bind /dev/pts /mnt/arch64/dev/pts
mount --bind /dev/shm /mnt/arch64/dev/shm
mount -t proc none /mnt/arch64/proc
mount -t sysfs none /mnt/arch64/sys
linux64 chroot /mnt/arch64

but the latter does not work: I get
"chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': Exec format error"

Any idea? Or is it really impossible to do this as Mateusz was saying?

Thanks