[aur-general] TU Application - Ghost1227

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 16:27:32 EST 2008

On 11/3/08, Daniel J Griffiths <ghost1227 at archlinux.us> wrote:
> Hello again. For those of you who missed my greetings email, my name is
> Dan Griffiths and I am a 26-year-old independent contractor in Delaware,
> US.
>
> I have been using one form of *NIX or another for most of my life,
> wandering through MINIX, RedHat, Mandrake, Slackware, Debian, Gentoo and
> even two home made distros before finally finding Arch about a year ago.
> I instantly fell in love with Arch and haven't looked back once.
>
> I am currently maintaining 32 packages in the AUR, including one of my
> own (co-written) scripts. I go by the name Ghost1227 on the bugtracker,
> AUR, Wiki and on IRC.
>
> I have spent the last year getting to know Arch and learning from (as
> well as trying to assist) the community as a whole, and would now
> appreciate the opportunity to give something back to that community.
> Loui Chang (Louipc) has offered to sponsor me, and for that he has my
> thanks.
>
> If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
>

> Dan Griffiths, aka Ghost1227
>

> Apologies if this posts twice, I'm having issues with my email atm...

Hi!

I liked your attitude in your previous mails you did send to this
list. Good to see someone found some time to check you PKGBUILDs and
sponsor you.

Just had a quick look at some of your packages, only saw some minor things.
- try to use install instead if cp when possible so you can make sure
the files will have the correct permissions
- in some packages you create a file in /usr/bin from within the
PKGBUILD. At least in some packages it seems you could accomplish the
same result with just a simple symlink. If it is not possible for some
package it would be better IMO to just add an executable to the source
array and install it.

That's it.

Ronald